According to a recent AddTabz review, the main active ingredient is the primary reason this product is being touted as one of the best smart drugs for students. While it is popular as a study aid for college and university students, many people are also using the supplement as a non-prescription alternative to Adderall.
The active ingredients in AddTabz have been under scrutiny, since the manufacturer prefers to keep the exact formula under wraps to protect itself against copycat competitors. Nevertheless, there is enough information available about the formula to make an educated assessment as to the value and effectiveness of the active ingredients in this particular cognitive enhancing supplement.
Officially known as Ampheta-CDP, (the registered trademark name), it is a proprietary combination of amphetamines and other nootropic brain supplements such as choline. To understand the effects of Ampheta-CDP, you need to understand how these specific compounds work.
Amphetamine: What it is and How it Works
Some people become understandably worried at the mere mention of the word amphetamine. That is because of the bad reputation that has been attached to the substance due to the illegal abuse of the drug. Tampered amphetamine is used in street drugs such as crystal meth and crank. The uncontrolled dosage is highly addictive and dangerous.
However, used properly as it was intended, amphetamine has multiple benefits. It was developed in 1887 as a synthetic replica of the natural stimulants that the brain already produces. The chemical make-up of amphetamine is very close to the adrenaline and noradrenaline the brain produces to prolong endurance, combat fatigue and heighten focus.
Amphetamines will increase heart rate and blood pressure, providing more blood to the brain. This is what makes it a very valuable component in cognitive and memory enhancement medications and supplements. It also helps sharpen the ability to focus and concentrate on a specific task or undertaking.
Medical Uses for Prescription Amphetamine:
- Treating attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity (ADD and ADHD), disorders that cause a person to be unable to maintain focus or concentrate on an individual task for an appropriate amount of time.
- Used in the treatment of narcolepsy, a sleeping disorder in which the brain cannot regulate proper waking and sleeping cycles. Narcoleptics are often sluggish and sleepy during the day, but the use of amphetamines creates wakefulness and keeps these people alert.
Over the Counter Uses for Non-prescription Amphetamine:
- Increased endurance for training athletes – although amphetamines are not permitted for use in official sports competitions and events.
- Concentration pills for studying. Amphetamine is often used by university students to increase wakefulness and energy as well as maintain focus and concentration.
- Weight Loss supplement. Since it gives a person energy, amphetamine has been used in weight loss supplements for many years.
Choline: Naturally Produced in the Body
Choline is part of the Ampheta-CDP compound that makes AddTabz’ ingredients highly effective. It belongs in the family of nootropics brain supplements for its ability to naturally stimulate the brain’s memory storage.
Choline is found in many foods such as meats, eggs, peas, spinach and wheat germ. Choline is also produced by the human liver and is part of the body’s natural chemistry. It works very much like the B vitamin family, increasing energy and alertness as well as countering the onset of fatigue. Choline is an integral part of the central nervous system.
Due to its natural cognitive enhancers, Choline is used in a wide variety of medical practices.
Medical Uses for Choline:
- People diagnosed with liver disease are given choline. It is frequently used in the treatment of cirrhosis of the liver as well as chronic hepatitis.
- During pregnancy, choline is used as a supplement to prevent neural tube defects during fetal development. Choline is also found as a supplement in infant formula for this benefit.
- The supplement is used to treat various mental conditions associated with memory deterioration such as Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia.
- Choline is also used in other medical treatments to improve memory loss due to trauma or injury.
Supplemental Uses for Choline:
Choline is available over the counter as part of a group of memory enhancing drugs and is used to support the improvement of event and fact recall. It is thought to make the mind more alert and enhances the neurons that send signals to the memory storage centers of the brain. It is commonly used in memory improvement supplements for students and professionals.
Does Ampheta – CDP Work?
There are other components of Ampheta-CDP that work along with the amphetamine and choline to improve a person’s ability to absorb and retain information and keep the mind focused. The level of amphetamine, for example, is not as potent as would be found in narcolepsy medication.
Therefore, the balance of several constructive compounds are blended to provide the best non-prescription supplement available. So yes, it definitely works, as long as it is used according to instructions.